Event Recording- Cloud and SD Card
Alder offers event-based storage solutions for your cameras.
What is an Event?
- An event is when the camera notices some change in what it is viewing. To understand how to view event recordings go to this article
- Every Alder camera can record events from 6-60 seconds. The lower the duration, the better your battery life.
- These events can be captured in different ways
- Cloud storage
- SD card storage
- Both cloud and SD card, if card inserted (SD card option is not available on the doorbell camera)
Cloud Event Storage Options
- Basic Free Plan- every Alder customer automatically receives a free 24-hour cloud event recording. Cloud events are limited to 6-second clips. The events will automatically erase after 24 hours.
- 30-day Plan - If you wish to store events in the cloud for 30-days we offer the ability to upgrade your plan (coming soon) via the Alder App.
- Each camera requires sufficient bandwidth to stay connected and will occupy approximately 1 Mbps upload bandwidth.
- The camera can still record to a MicroSD card without a network connection as long as the camera is not powered off and has the micro SD card inserted. However, you can only playback the video history when connected to the network.
If you don't have adequate bandwidth, we recommend switching off Video Upload Service to prevent network congestion on your Wi-Fi network.
- Once you have added the camera(s) to the app go to Settings>my cloud and switch the video upload service to off.
- With an SD card installed, you will retain all functionality and quality of the camera and all events will be captured to the card.